Currently bobPay EFT is free. There are no monthly, subscription or set up fees to offer bobPay EFT to use it. It is also free for buyers to use.
What is bobPay?
Bob Shop offers to sellers a built-in payment solution which adds convenience, speed and efficiency to the transaction. There are two options:
The bobPay-Credit card payment system allows sellers to accept credit card payments from buyers. Bob Shop receives the payment via a secure payment gateway and the seller is then credited with this amount.
The bobPay-EFT is available to all sellers provided they can receive payout requests into a South African bank account. Bob Shop has opened bank accounts with each of the major South African banks (Absa, FNB, Standard Bank and Nedbank), eliminating the usual delay for payments made between different banks. Bob Shop has also implemented a system to reconcile the payments received and in most cases both the buyer and seller are notified of receipt of the payment within half an hour of the payment being made.
Why is bobPay mandatory?
Several payment methods are mandatory on Bob Shop, because we want to make it easy for buyers to make payment and conclude their transactions. This also benefits the sellers. For details, please see payment methods available on Bob Shop.
How to request a bobPay-EFT refund?
Bob Shop may under certain circumstances issue refunds for bobPay-EFT payments made on purchases (in most cases when a seller has been blacklisted and Bob Shop still holds your funds). In order to request a refund the following procedure must be followed:
- Send an email request for a refund to email@example.com.
- Include banking details: bank name, account holder name, account number, branch code.
- Include a copy of the proof of payment.
Please take note of the following conditions:
- A buyer may only lodge a claim 30 days from date of payment.
- While we will endeavour to refund the full amount, this may not always be possible if the seller does not have sufficient funds available in their Bob Shop account. You might not get the full amount refunded.
- Refunds will not be possible if the seller has been paid out already.
- Bob Shop will not process refunds on behalf of active sellers.
- The seller will have to process the refund directly to you.
- Unless the seller is blacklisted on the site, the seller will have to request the funds to be paid out and then do a direct refund to you.
- Refunds will not be immediate.
- Refunds are generally only done once a week, so delays may happen.
- Please also bear in mind that, depending on who you bank with, transfers can take up to 3 days to reflect.
- Refunds are not processed on weekends or public holidays.
Important: If a seller has requested a payout already and the funds have been transferred, if the Seller is contactable, you would need to request a refund directly from them. If you suspect that the Seller has acted fraudulently, you will need to open a case of theft under false pretences against the seller at your local SAPS office and no refund will be processed.
Bob Shop does not guarantee that a refund can and will be processed at any stage. Bob Shop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold a refund payout for any reason whatsoever.
Can I combine bobPay payments to different sellers?
Each order has a unique reference number for each seller, so payments cannot be combined for different sellers. You must pay each seller separately, using the relevant payment reference. You can combine payments to a specific seller if you are buying more than one item from that seller. Make sure to confirm shipping amounts to avoid any problems with the final payment amount.